Saturday, January 10, 2009

Recession Blues + Cheap Vintage = Happy Face


Hello Everyone, and Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a lovely holiday, and were spoiled as much as possible!

A lot of the conversations I have these days revolve around addictions, and where to get a quick fix on a budget. The addiction, of course, being fashion. Since many of us have a death grip on our wallets these days, there can be a lot of guilty feelings about wasteful spending. During these penny pinching times, I turn to my computer for a fashion miracle. As of late, both Etsy and Ebay have offered me some cheap thrills.

I wanted to post a few pics of my recent purchases. The total price tag for all of these items being under 200 dollars (including shipping) 1. an adorable yet sophisticated take on sailor-chic. Dress (Etsy) 2. Some buttery black vintage riding boots (Etsy) 3. An amazing vintage Cartier burgundy leather purse (Etsy) 4. A chiffon flutter sleeve caplet (eBay)

So go, take a little peek....don't be shy. You may find something really tantalizingly cheap to indulge your fashion tooth, and to tide you over until your GST rebate cheque rolls in:)

1 comment:

Sammie said...

Love it! I didn't know about Esty! I'm checking it out right now, I need a fashion fix!!