Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Obsession: The Other Hepburn


I am not normally a huge fan of old movies, there is just something about them I can't relate to. However, now that I am on a major vintage fashion kick, Many of fashion's greatest starlets have convinced me to give old films a second chance.

Ever since I caught The Philadelphia Story over the holidays, I have had a bit of an obsession with Katharine. Her grace, her presence, her androgyny.... It's something I am really feeling at the moment. To me though, her greatest triumph in this film is the wardrobe, and the way this woman can just pull it off. In particular, The cream and sequined Gilbert Adrian Gown that she wore (above) takes the cake. It visits my dreams every night, and I am now a better fashionista because of it.

So to those of you with a short attention span like moi, give this movie a try, you might be inspired! ......Oh, and the men aren't too hard on the eyes either:)




Xoxo E

1 comment:

bridechic said...

Adrian was awesome and his designs on Hepburn were a great fit. This movie did move at a rapid pace . . .